Open Art Exhibition
Call For Artists - Open Art Exhibition 2018
Pelham House will be throwing open its doors again for its annual Open Art Exhibition for Sussex-based artists from 24th January until 6th March 2018.
This is a great opportunity to exhibit your 2-D work and to help raise money for local charity. This year, a portion of any sales proceeds will go to the Sussex Wildlife Trust.
Submission of work is now open and closes on Tuesday 19th December at 12 noon. Entries received after this time will not be considered. You may submit more than one image, but for reasons of hanging space, only one piece will be exhibited per artist and only two-dimensional works (in any medium) can be displayed.
Pre-selection from emailed entries will take place by early January, after which successful artists will be notified and asked to deliver work on Tuesday 23rd January 2018. The exhibition will run for six weeks from Wednesday 24th January to Tuesday 6th March 2018.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your image(s) attached in jpeg format (300 dpi) and no larger than 2 to 4 MB.
Information for Artists
- Please submit entries by email, ideally as a 300 dpi jpeg attachment, no larger than 2-4 MB.
- Please put ‘Pelham House Open 2018’ in the subject line along with your name.
- Please include in your email, the title, dimensions and medium of the work, its retail price including 30% commission (a proportion which will go to charity) and your contact details (email, phone no. and address). You can also include your website details, but only the jpeg attachments will be considered for selection.
- Please do not submit an artist’s statement as this will not be used during the exhibition.
- The hotel’s public liability insurance does not cover third party works of art so we recommend that artist’s exhibiting work have insurance to cover their own works.
- Due to the everyday functioning of the hotel, we cannot accept sculpture for the open exhibition.
- All work to be exhibited must be ready to hang with correct fixings (medium-sized D-rings, minimum 1.5 cm D) and framed or on a canvas stretcher. The D-rings should be attached 10-15cm from the top of a large artwork (or 5-10cm for small piece).
- All selection and hanging will be carried out by the hotel.
- We are unable to store any packaging for reasons of space.
- Wed 8th Nov – Open for submissions, email to email@example.com
- Tues 19th Dec – Submission period closes at 12 noon. Entries received after this will not be considered.
- Early Jan – Selected artists notified.
- Tues 23rd Jan – Artists to deliver work to Pelham House (09:00-17:00).
- Wed 24th Jan – Exhibition open from 16:00.
- Sun 28th Jan – Exhibition Launch Event for exhibiting artists and up to two guests (16:00-18:00).
- Tues 6th March – Last day of exhibition.
- Wed 7th March – Artists to collect any unsold artwork from Pelham (afternoon).